think most Windows Store app developers will know this, but now it gets important for Phone developers too. With the new Windows Phone release the whole architecture how to build an app from windows store apps will be coming to Windows Phone.
Windows Store apps has the concept of BackgroundTasks. These tasks can run on the background and provide functionality to the end user without the new to start up the app. It can be used to update data, or update the live tile for example.
A background tasks is register in the app and a BackgroundTask needs a trigger when it runs, this can be a timetrigger, which triggers a task every x minutes, or a push notification for example.
To debug these background tasks can be little hard if you going to really trigger the event you bound. Like in case of a timetrigger wait x minutes till your tasks get triggers. X needs to be at least 15 minutes which makes it a time consuming operation.
Lucky microsoft found nice solution for it, although it is bit hidden. You can trigger a Backgroundtasks that is registered from Visual Studio. To do this start debugging you application. Then go to View -> Toolbars -> Debug Location
Then you click on the Lifecycle events button and you can test suspending, resume, suspend and shutdown but also trigger almost all your background tasks.
- having a fun afternoon with #fluent and #rome ; let see if can make something publishable
- RT @pag3rd: If you'll be at #MSIgnite and want to learn about what's new with #XAML #FluentDesign and the brand new #WinUI library come to…
- RT @kevintgallo: What’s your favorite color? https://t.co/GvhJIb4ItX
- @shanselman @tomasrestrepo @h0x0d @joncaves does it mean @satyanadella holds the mic for you next time at build?
- @BNR De eindstand (aangekomen op bestemming) https://t.co/DXxHPP57iy
- Toch even aan die conditie werken.. Je weet maar nooit @bnr #fiemibo https://t.co/H61vOPrtVi
- RT @donasarkar: Hello #WindowsInsiders we have released 19H1 Build 18242 to Skip Ahead! https://t.co/kuo5Y9jt0i
- @BNR Zines de 2 jaar dat ik bij bnr heb gewerkt 😊 #ikhoorbijbnr
- @JenMsft is there a way to get notfication mirring from android to win desktop without the cortana app (its not available in netherlands)
- @tomverhoeff @bartlannoeye i agree with bart in this.. been seeing enough 'good speakers' just delivering 101 sessions all the time