think most Windows Store app developers will know this, but now it gets important for Phone developers too. With the new Windows Phone release the whole architecture how to build an app from windows store apps will be coming to Windows Phone.
Windows Store apps has the concept of BackgroundTasks. These tasks can run on the background and provide functionality to the end user without the new to start up the app. It can be used to update data, or update the live tile for example.
A background tasks is register in the app and a BackgroundTask needs a trigger when it runs, this can be a timetrigger, which triggers a task every x minutes, or a push notification for example.
To debug these background tasks can be little hard if you going to really trigger the event you bound. Like in case of a timetrigger wait x minutes till your tasks get triggers. X needs to be at least 15 minutes which makes it a time consuming operation.
Lucky microsoft found nice solution for it, although it is bit hidden. You can trigger a Backgroundtasks that is registered from Visual Studio. To do this start debugging you application. Then go to View -> Toolbars -> Debug Location
Then you click on the Lifecycle events button and you can test suspending, resume, suspend and shutdown but also trigger almost all your background tasks.
- @JenMsft @LocalJoost @vinothrajendran not sure if related but when i click update & restart my machine restarts, bu… https://t.co/4muU3d7aGG
- RT @natfriedman: Today(!) we’re thrilled to announce unlimited free private repos for all GitHub users, and a new simplified Enterprise off…
- @rendyfaqot hi, Sorry to hear. There been some breaking change in the VSTS api... didn't had time yet on fixing tho… https://t.co/lZBMHu4CPf
- RT @ameijers: The Global MR Bootcamp was a blast! The biggest #mixedreality event in the world! And all made possible by you the community.…
- RT @LocalJoost: Attendants 'working at my Immersive Headset Development workshop at #GlobalMRBootcamp https://t.co/NaNtyO5Ocj
- Why do i always decide to change the whole approach of a session the evening before?
- @JenMsft @bing it's not working so well for high speed or the distance is a problem https://t.co/KE1kE0wQuF
- @danhellem @mmanela Nice!
- RT @danhellem: Check out the new changes for the Azure Boards work item tracking experiences in Visual Studio 2019 https://t.co/c4l0rQky1o…
- @LocalJoost you put a AAAA battery in your surface pro itself? or the pen?