With Windows 10 Microsoft added support for Beacons. In this blogpost I will tell you how to get started. It’s very easy! And since writing an UWP app it will work on your pc, tablet but ofcourse also on your phone. Requirements: A beacon, A little device that sends the signal A Bluetooth LE enabled device I am using this beacon in combination with my surface 3 pro and my Lumia 930. First the setup; this one is little tricky. You need to enable Bluetooth for your app. In the past I was …
Sometimes it’s nice to create a sreencast from your app as promotion of your apps. This can help to demostate the app to your users, a video is often more helpful then screenshots to your users. In Windows 8 you needed external tools to make this kind of video’s. In Windows 10 Microsoft added some functionality you can use to make screencasts! If you press Windows Key + G you get the gamebar. Which looks like: For here you can easily record an video of your app, just press the record button. …
For Windows Apps I have my own library that I am using in all my apps. This library contains reuable stuff I created or found on the internet that are useful for me. Getting the best from all the libraries out there and avoids me to include lot of libraries is each project again. Last week I started to create a library for UWP apps. When I tried to copy the output to one of my UWP apps I was getting this error: 1C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.NetNative\Microsoft.Net.CoreRuntime. …
In the Windows 10 developer preview there are some new background triggers that can be very useful for number of scenario's. I will make a couple of blogposts of which triggers I found. Let start with the first: ApplicationTrigger. It's a common question I see at MSDN. How can the app itself trigger the background task. the awnser, it can't. Windows 8 apps cant trigger the background task on demand. With Windows 10 this is changing. We are now able to trigger the backgroundtask from the …
When I am working on my desktop i am using regullary drag and drop. When i want to send an attachment to someone by email i simply drag it from the file explorer to the email. Or if want to send it with lync, drag a file from the fileexplorer to lync. In windows Store apps it wasn't possible to drag file to them. I found it pretty annoying to use the file picker. It required a lot of clicks to come at the location of the right file, to select the right files again. With Windows 10 universal …
January 21 Microsoft showed off new features that are coming in Windows 10. Also they showed Office for touch. Part of this office for touch is also a Outlook touch version. In this new office version Joe Belfiore showed how you easily work through your email. With a simple right swipe you can flag an email while with a left swipe you can delete an email. During the presentation i saw people call this tinder for your email. Last week i created an control that let you do the same in your app. …
- @TwitterSupport great move!
- Gave my #ActivityFeed extension for @VSTS some valentine's love by giving it a fresh new look. Get it here… https://t.co/RiTSWr4mQL
- @DrGigabit love this too: https://t.co/G3YsSJzafK There is a mismatch between what science knows and what business does
- @aaronbjork anything in pipeline to work more with target dates. or at least give something that can be disuccesed witih stakeholders?
- @aaronbjork we are using the kanban boards and never the sprints; anymore; this makes delivery plans kind of useless. (1/2)
- 3 of the @vsts extensions i was involved in now on the homepage of the marketplace https://t.co/mM9h0F8ZVu
- @JenMsft w00t mouse delays fixed?
- @agent766 drop me an email and will help you email@example.com
- @willsmythe and for widgets you can include platform styling. can hubs do that ? cant find method for it neither (get same headers etc)
- @willsmythe for my Project Teams extension want to make it possible to favorite teams. not really find the right control in that library