For most of my projects i am using a build server so my team members and me are sure we have a working project and are not blocking eachother with new changes. For our current UWP projects started to use the final .net core version (5.2.2). But since we are doing that we had errors on our build server, the hosted VSTS build server. The build summary shows this:
You see that nuget gives errors that Microsoft.NETCore.Targets 1.0.2 is not compatible with UAP,Version=v10.0.
Initially i not really could understand this error, since VS2015 update 3 is available on the hosted build server, which include the latest nuget version.
After checking with some people from Microsoft on twitter I figured out that they are not using the nuget version that comes with Visual Studio but have it separately installed, and because compatiblity issues with 3.4 they chosed to deploy nuget 3.3. .NET Core required at least 3.4 version. You can check the conversation about the nuget version here: https://twitter.com/davesmits/status/755068963722264576
Solving this issues is lucky not that hard. The nuget build tasks let you specify your own nuget.exe.
So first you have to add your own nuget.exe to source control. I created a folder tools for this in my repository and added nuget.exe to this folder.
After adding nuget.exe to the git repository just had to specify the nuget.exe in my restore task. You can do this under the "Advanced" group
It's important that specify the full path including the "$(Build.SourcesDirectory)". I tried without and the build task was unable to find nuget.exe
Now when using the right nuget version you can build your UWP projects again in the VSTS hosted build server
- @TwitterSupport great move!
- Gave my #ActivityFeed extension for @VSTS some valentine's love by giving it a fresh new look. Get it here… https://t.co/RiTSWr4mQL
- @DrGigabit love this too: https://t.co/G3YsSJzafK There is a mismatch between what science knows and what business does
- @aaronbjork anything in pipeline to work more with target dates. or at least give something that can be disuccesed witih stakeholders?
- @aaronbjork we are using the kanban boards and never the sprints; anymore; this makes delivery plans kind of useless. (1/2)
- 3 of the @vsts extensions i was involved in now on the homepage of the marketplace https://t.co/mM9h0F8ZVu
- @JenMsft w00t mouse delays fixed?
- @agent766 drop me an email and will help you firstname.lastname@example.org
- @willsmythe and for widgets you can include platform styling. can hubs do that ? cant find method for it neither (get same headers etc)
- @willsmythe for my Project Teams extension want to make it possible to favorite teams. not really find the right control in that library