Few months ago I published the first version of a generic theme manager for the Windows Universal App platform. The ThemeManager makes it easier to use to manage the accent color in your app, which normally can require lot of overriding of styles in your app. In the last months been using it often and been making some additional tweaks to make it better. Today I published all these changes to NuGet and GitHub
And if you want to install it from the package manager in Visual Studio: Install-Package DaveSmits.ThemeManager
So what been improved?
Missing styles added
A few styles didn't get updated for Windows 8.1 This caused that you still saw the default accent color at a few places. With this new version maked sure also these styles are correctly get the right color and you now always should see your defined theme color.
Better MouseOver support
Another big change is that the ThemeManager handles now better the mouseover colors. In the old version mouse over colors were not updated or just get color you provided while the default color schema gave mouse overs a bit more brightness, based on the HSL color. This was very nice implemented in Hammer.Pants and I ported this to the ThemeManager so your no longer need to input your whole resource file. I also added the missing Windows 8.1 styles.
I hope you enjoy the new release and eager to hear feedback or see your pull requests on github!
- @JenMsft never mind; i found it by going to the old control panel; made a feedback item for it https://t.co/WmouYyriYV
- @peterskillman need help testing? :)
- @JenMsft i had to reset windows (recovery in the settings app) on my surface book 2 in order to be able to get a fi… https://t.co/0oTMC6nvpb
- RT @WBuzzer: Microsoft and Amazon Finally Launch Cortana and Alexa Integration https://t.co/8yJ1ijZRoU https://t.co/K24wtKFkSA
- @tfsbuck @thomsen_digital @cschleiden @matthewisabel +1 extension builders need guidiness for this. and what is the… https://t.co/3Ecj7tEkPG
- RT @rajen_k: Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 is now available for download! Check out the details at https://t.co/G23ibMjjfY #VisualStudio
- @ingnl laatste windows 10; en ook op laatste insider build geprobeerd maar niet veel beter; Dus terug naar de vraag… https://t.co/zK70bdkiaM
- @Rabobank doe ik het voor jullie; gister de website omgezet :)
- @Rabobank nee gewoon voor mijn laptop
- @Rabobank een app? of zal ik mijn versie maar publiseren? https://t.co/ooJT7dJFQP