Few months ago I published the first version of a generic theme manager for the Windows Universal App platform. The ThemeManager makes it easier to use to manage the accent color in your app, which normally can require lot of overriding of styles in your app. In the last months been using it often and been making some additional tweaks to make it better. Today I published all these changes to NuGet and GitHub
And if you want to install it from the package manager in Visual Studio: Install-Package DaveSmits.ThemeManager
So what been improved?
Missing styles added
A few styles didn't get updated for Windows 8.1 This caused that you still saw the default accent color at a few places. With this new version maked sure also these styles are correctly get the right color and you now always should see your defined theme color.
Better MouseOver support
Another big change is that the ThemeManager handles now better the mouseover colors. In the old version mouse over colors were not updated or just get color you provided while the default color schema gave mouse overs a bit more brightness, based on the HSL color. This was very nice implemented in Hammer.Pants and I ported this to the ThemeManager so your no longer need to input your whole resource file. I also added the missing Windows 8.1 styles.
I hope you enjoy the new release and eager to hear feedback or see your pull requests on github!
- @tfsbuck thanks
- @densto @VSTS see email. one just timed out but that causing the other one that was waiting got picked up directly
- @VSTS did you send all your build agents already for weekend?
- @tfsbuck already made a issue https://t.co/u0EcaMewlV
- @tfsbuck back again :) you guys updated tf-cli today from .11 to .13 and now getting this error when try to publish… https://t.co/GLMVwL7HDZ
- @jpaternotte Soort zoekt soort! Past goed tussen de andere 149 clowns
- @sandeepchads @VSTS in the vsts sdk they are already visible; just returning 401
- RT @msbotframework: LUIS and the Azure Bot Service have just hit GA! 🎉 https://t.co/QVttVKrSWe
- @sandeepchads @VSTS Integration with my activity feed. Are the apis already open?
- @tfsbuck nice i had hard time to find the reproduction path. they also fixed my issue with publishing extension. new build task coming soon!