Few months ago I published the first version of a generic theme manager for the Windows Universal App platform. The ThemeManager makes it easier to use to manage the accent color in your app, which normally can require lot of overriding of styles in your app. In the last months been using it often and been making some additional tweaks to make it better. Today I published all these changes to NuGet and GitHub
And if you want to install it from the package manager in Visual Studio: Install-Package DaveSmits.ThemeManager
So what been improved?
Missing styles added
A few styles didn't get updated for Windows 8.1 This caused that you still saw the default accent color at a few places. With this new version maked sure also these styles are correctly get the right color and you now always should see your defined theme color.
Better MouseOver support
Another big change is that the ThemeManager handles now better the mouseover colors. In the old version mouse over colors were not updated or just get color you provided while the default color schema gave mouse overs a bit more brightness, based on the HSL color. This was very nice implemented in Hammer.Pants and I ported this to the ThemeManager so your no longer need to input your whole resource file. I also added the missing Windows 8.1 styles.
I hope you enjoy the new release and eager to hear feedback or see your pull requests on github!
- RT @alvinashcraft: Getting Started with Lottie-Windows. #xaml #winui #uwp #windowsdev https://t.co/P4EWilrffA
- RT @WindowsUI: We are releasing new samples and documentation today showing how to use the compositor's Visual Layer APIs in win32 apps: ht…
- RT @JenMsft: @PXAbstraction With the latest version of W10, you can now tie snipping to PrintScreen - lets you capture things that would ot…
- RT @JenMsft: It was so fun to talk to the MVPs today about [REDACTED] 😁 #MVPSummit #MVPBuzz
- RT @JenMsft: New build for Fast! Look for 18361 - let us know how it goes once you upgrade! Details here: https://t.co/KCrMGkCsCY 😊 #Window…
- @JenMsft Plqn to visit 33?
- RT @JenMsft: Image support now rolling out for Sticky Notes if you're in Skip Ahead 😊 #WindowsInsiders Details 👉🏻 https://t.co/6IAdzNYeIs…
- RT @ClintRutkas: having a great time discussing Windows Development topics at the #mvpSummit. If you feel a community member is a Microsof…
- @NicoVermeir revenge is sweet 🤣
- @theothernt found a whole dutch delegation at 4am @ starbucks :)