Few months ago I published the first version of a generic theme manager for the Windows Universal App platform. The ThemeManager makes it easier to use to manage the accent color in your app, which normally can require lot of overriding of styles in your app. In the last months been using it often and been making some additional tweaks to make it better. Today I published all these changes to NuGet and GitHub
And if you want to install it from the package manager in Visual Studio: Install-Package DaveSmits.ThemeManager
So what been improved?
Missing styles added
A few styles didn't get updated for Windows 8.1 This caused that you still saw the default accent color at a few places. With this new version maked sure also these styles are correctly get the right color and you now always should see your defined theme color.
Better MouseOver support
Another big change is that the ThemeManager handles now better the mouseover colors. In the old version mouse over colors were not updated or just get color you provided while the default color schema gave mouse overs a bit more brightness, based on the HSL color. This was very nice implemented in Hammer.Pants and I ported this to the ThemeManager so your no longer need to input your whole resource file. I also added the missing Windows 8.1 styles.
I hope you enjoy the new release and eager to hear feedback or see your pull requests on github!
- @JenMsft @LocalJoost @vinothrajendran not sure if related but when i click update & restart my machine restarts, bu… https://t.co/4muU3d7aGG
- RT @natfriedman: Today(!) we’re thrilled to announce unlimited free private repos for all GitHub users, and a new simplified Enterprise off…
- @rendyfaqot hi, Sorry to hear. There been some breaking change in the VSTS api... didn't had time yet on fixing tho… https://t.co/lZBMHu4CPf
- RT @ameijers: The Global MR Bootcamp was a blast! The biggest #mixedreality event in the world! And all made possible by you the community.…
- RT @LocalJoost: Attendants 'working at my Immersive Headset Development workshop at #GlobalMRBootcamp https://t.co/NaNtyO5Ocj
- Why do i always decide to change the whole approach of a session the evening before?
- @JenMsft @bing it's not working so well for high speed or the distance is a problem https://t.co/KE1kE0wQuF
- @danhellem @mmanela Nice!
- RT @danhellem: Check out the new changes for the Azure Boards work item tracking experiences in Visual Studio 2019 https://t.co/c4l0rQky1o…
- @LocalJoost you put a AAAA battery in your surface pro itself? or the pen?