Few months ago I published the first version of a generic theme manager for the Windows Universal App platform. The ThemeManager makes it easier to use to manage the accent color in your app, which normally can require lot of overriding of styles in your app. In the last months been using it often and been making some additional tweaks to make it better. Today I published all these changes to NuGet and GitHub
And if you want to install it from the package manager in Visual Studio: Install-Package DaveSmits.ThemeManager
So what been improved?
Missing styles added
A few styles didn't get updated for Windows 8.1 This caused that you still saw the default accent color at a few places. With this new version maked sure also these styles are correctly get the right color and you now always should see your defined theme color.
Better MouseOver support
Another big change is that the ThemeManager handles now better the mouseover colors. In the old version mouse over colors were not updated or just get color you provided while the default color schema gave mouse overs a bit more brightness, based on the HSL color. This was very nice implemented in Hammer.Pants and I ported this to the ThemeManager so your no longer need to input your whole resource file. I also added the missing Windows 8.1 styles.
I hope you enjoy the new release and eager to hear feedback or see your pull requests on github!
- @tfsbuck awesome work
- RT @tfsbuck: VSTS Queries Hub Updates Generally Available https://t.co/INSn71z2Hy
- RT @danvy: From Monolith to Cloud Service by @tfsbuck #devops #cloud https://t.co/vHeoxzYc3J https://t.co/d2av4kzaW5
- @JenMsft it almost want me to start playing computer games
- opening @Office365 admin center causes @MicrosoftEdge to reload till it says " This page is having a problem loading"
- @DonovanBrown @VSTS i love to them as well but missing test results in the release overview pretty much
- RT @ExpertsLiveNL: ICYM 📣 HURRY UP: grijp die laatste kaart(en) #ExpertsLiveNL is BIJNA uitverkocht. https://t.co/mBCi5uWBkk #nog7dagen #a…
- @rrelyea any idea why nuget via dotnet restore on linux build agents (vsts) takes 40seconds and via nuget restore o… https://t.co/hMiBsaCVcG
- @tfsbuck in a build task i am trying to give a summary for the build detail page but need some richer markup then m… https://t.co/hpIsT3OCIC
- @chrisrpatterson @Nick_Craver @tfsbuck really curious to the outcome; we use a Azure Sql db (create new one for tes… https://t.co/XGnlhWxjcD