Few months ago I published the first version of a generic theme manager for the Windows Universal App platform. The ThemeManager makes it easier to use to manage the accent color in your app, which normally can require lot of overriding of styles in your app. In the last months been using it often and been making some additional tweaks to make it better. Today I published all these changes to NuGet and GitHub
And if you want to install it from the package manager in Visual Studio: Install-Package DaveSmits.ThemeManager
So what been improved?
Missing styles added
A few styles didn't get updated for Windows 8.1 This caused that you still saw the default accent color at a few places. With this new version maked sure also these styles are correctly get the right color and you now always should see your defined theme color.
Better MouseOver support
Another big change is that the ThemeManager handles now better the mouseover colors. In the old version mouse over colors were not updated or just get color you provided while the default color schema gave mouse overs a bit more brightness, based on the HSL color. This was very nice implemented in Hammer.Pants and I ported this to the ThemeManager so your no longer need to input your whole resource file. I also added the missing Windows 8.1 styles.
I hope you enjoy the new release and eager to hear feedback or see your pull requests on github!
- @onovotny @Nick_Craver @andygocke @davkean @VisualStudio Use git worktree instead cloning again?
- @tfsbuck Congrats
- @donasarkar updating :)
- RT @tfsbuck: The VSTS Activity Feed extension gives a summary of all recent changes of work items, commits, pull requests and builds. It te…
- @davkean @lifeng_lu here you are: https://t.co/zeab4UpLyy
- @davkean @lifeng_lu On it way! just happend again
- @davkean intermittent; but ones it started i stays the rest of the session that way. anything i can do make a log when it happens?
- @davkean yes. now happens often i need to toggle hide/show all files in the solution explorer to ensure the project… https://t.co/xqZlVb6Qbx
- @davkean branch switching and make sure the project system understands when new files are added / removed
- RT @VSTS: Power BI and VSTS - integration made easy. Our new feature Analytics views makes getting VSTS work tracking data into Power BI s…