Few months ago I published the first version of a generic theme manager for the Windows Universal App platform. The ThemeManager makes it easier to use to manage the accent color in your app, which normally can require lot of overriding of styles in your app. In the last months been using it often and been making some additional tweaks to make it better. Today I published all these changes to NuGet and GitHub
And if you want to install it from the package manager in Visual Studio: Install-Package DaveSmits.ThemeManager
So what been improved?
Missing styles added
A few styles didn't get updated for Windows 8.1 This caused that you still saw the default accent color at a few places. With this new version maked sure also these styles are correctly get the right color and you now always should see your defined theme color.
Better MouseOver support
Another big change is that the ThemeManager handles now better the mouseover colors. In the old version mouse over colors were not updated or just get color you provided while the default color schema gave mouse overs a bit more brightness, based on the HSL color. This was very nice implemented in Hammer.Pants and I ported this to the ThemeManager so your no longer need to input your whole resource file. I also added the missing Windows 8.1 styles.
I hope you enjoy the new release and eager to hear feedback or see your pull requests on github!
- @TwitterSupport great move!
- Gave my #ActivityFeed extension for @VSTS some valentine's love by giving it a fresh new look. Get it here… https://t.co/RiTSWr4mQL
- @DrGigabit love this too: https://t.co/G3YsSJzafK There is a mismatch between what science knows and what business does
- @aaronbjork anything in pipeline to work more with target dates. or at least give something that can be disuccesed witih stakeholders?
- @aaronbjork we are using the kanban boards and never the sprints; anymore; this makes delivery plans kind of useless. (1/2)
- 3 of the @vsts extensions i was involved in now on the homepage of the marketplace https://t.co/mM9h0F8ZVu
- @JenMsft w00t mouse delays fixed?
- @agent766 drop me an email and will help you firstname.lastname@example.org
- @willsmythe and for widgets you can include platform styling. can hubs do that ? cant find method for it neither (get same headers etc)
- @willsmythe for my Project Teams extension want to make it possible to favorite teams. not really find the right control in that library