Few months ago I published the first version of a generic theme manager for the Windows Universal App platform. The ThemeManager makes it easier to use to manage the accent color in your app, which normally can require lot of overriding of styles in your app. In the last months been using it often and been making some additional tweaks to make it better. Today I published all these changes to NuGet and GitHub
And if you want to install it from the package manager in Visual Studio: Install-Package DaveSmits.ThemeManager
So what been improved?
Missing styles added
A few styles didn't get updated for Windows 8.1 This caused that you still saw the default accent color at a few places. With this new version maked sure also these styles are correctly get the right color and you now always should see your defined theme color.
Better MouseOver support
Another big change is that the ThemeManager handles now better the mouseover colors. In the old version mouse over colors were not updated or just get color you provided while the default color schema gave mouse overs a bit more brightness, based on the HSL color. This was very nice implemented in Hammer.Pants and I ported this to the ThemeManager so your no longer need to input your whole resource file. I also added the missing Windows 8.1 styles.
I hope you enjoy the new release and eager to hear feedback or see your pull requests on github!
- @MicrosoftHelps fixed it by reinstalling windows but thanks for following up
- @JenMsft should have log feedback before resetting windows... but was soo annoyed my pen was not working
- @JenMsft surface book with perf base. i reinstalled windows and problem is gone. nasty thing if multi touch doesnt… https://t.co/0vxuKMC6vv
- @JenMsft after i installed the FCU multitouch doesnt work. when uninstall driver and reboot it works till next reboot. heared it before?
- RT @ruudj: https://t.co/WWSQcFP45k
- @maarten_goet @we_are_inspark Nice congrats
- nice app showing all windows controls https://t.co/kogun2ws2P
- RT @windowsblog: New Map Control features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update https://t.co/gTLqVAX8HO https://t.co/wuGGF6Yi3Q
- RT @LocalJoost: Rather loud explosion sounds at @davesmits #techdaysnl presentation. Who ever was asleep is definitely awake again now 😀
- RT @we_are_inspark: 'A Shared HoloLens experience' door @davesmits op @TechDaysNL. Volg zijn sessie over 30 min. in zaal G104-105. https://…