Few months ago I published the first version of a generic theme manager for the Windows Universal App platform. The ThemeManager makes it easier to use to manage the accent color in your app, which normally can require lot of overriding of styles in your app. In the last months been using it often and been making some additional tweaks to make it better. Today I published all these changes to NuGet and GitHub
And if you want to install it from the package manager in Visual Studio: Install-Package DaveSmits.ThemeManager
So what been improved?
Missing styles added
A few styles didn't get updated for Windows 8.1 This caused that you still saw the default accent color at a few places. With this new version maked sure also these styles are correctly get the right color and you now always should see your defined theme color.
Better MouseOver support
Another big change is that the ThemeManager handles now better the mouseover colors. In the old version mouse over colors were not updated or just get color you provided while the default color schema gave mouse overs a bit more brightness, based on the HSL color. This was very nice implemented in Hammer.Pants and I ported this to the ThemeManager so your no longer need to input your whole resource file. I also added the missing Windows 8.1 styles.
I hope you enjoy the new release and eager to hear feedback or see your pull requests on github!
- jeej skype till 22h today..
- @VSTS @awscloud @chef @Docker @GooglePlay what are the 10 highest rated widgets?
- RT @wpschaub: Over 500 extensions in the VSTS/TFS marketplace https://t.co/pH64ZFRi2J
- @mitrik what is difference between code -> files -> history and code -> commits? looks as same? https://t.co/NnA8lk1pTe
- @LocalJoost 😵
- the moment you need to install ms project....
- RT @coolcsh: And we have updated Visual Studio 2017 w/15.3 to for .NET Core 2, https://t.co/2y7Qj07QrB Core 2, .NET Standard 2: https://t.c…
- @JenMsft do you know what changed in the latest version of the mail app? the whats new web page is not beeing updated for long time..
- new windows sdk! https://t.co/qOlWLICyIB #uwp #uwpdev
- @tfsbuck this way doesnt take in consideration it can be set back to "new" because some blocking issues?